Course Title: Handling Difficult People.
We often have to deal with difficult people in our professional environment and sometimes even in our
personal everyday life. Any interaction or communication with such people can prove challenging and
consumes a lot of our time and energy. Such situations can easily turn emotional and unproductive with
long term effects on relationships. Fortunately difficult people are well studied and psychologists have
found a great deal on the origin of their behavior and subsequently on how best to deal with them based
on their inherent weaknesses.
This course relies heavily on the latest psychological research and provides several concise easy-to-use
formulas that delegates can use to deal with challenging situations promptly.
The course is packed with exercises, relevant case studies and role plays that enables delegates to
understand the methods better and practice them immediately after introduction. Optional activities and
exercises are also provided to easily extend the course and adjust the pace for different needs.
What is the best mental attitude when confronted with challenging people?
- How to deal with conflicts, physically and emotionally?
- What is “ironic processes of mental control” and how can it help in optimizing the delivery of your demands?
In how many different ways can you respond to someone and what results do you expect?
- How to listen and respond emphatically and connect when needed?
How to engage in a conversation and show that you understand and care?
- What to do to stay focused on a conversation and avoid drifting away?
How to handle conflicts?
- What is the optimum process of conflict resolution?
How to deal with confrontations?
- How to use the 5-Step Guide to Confrontations?
How to deal with reactive and toxic words?
- How to prevent a challenging conversation by choosing the right words?
What are the characteristics of difficult people and how to deal with them?
- What are the example behaviours?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know how to handle conflicts
- Handle difficult colleagues
- Know how to react to abusive words
- Handle confrontations
Duration: 2 days (No of participants per session: 10-20)
*When: See 2013 Schedule at the end of this document
*Where: Abuja / Lagos/ Port Harcourt, Warri. (Exact Venue to be advised)
* Courses can be custom arranged to suit your organizations needs